Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Carson




This is our little Carson who likes to keep us guessing as to why exactly he's not growing. He turned two in February and is slowly achieving his milestones. Of course we've been to a million doctors and have yet to find out what is wrong. MRI results and other various lab tests show that something is abnormal; however, Carson is the happiest, cuddliest, funnest "baby" there is. What more could I ask for? We've heard everything from muscular dystrophy to hyperglycinemia (a terminal metabolic storage disorder) and I've decided that until someone knows for SURE, I'm not going to listen anymore. Ok, so I'll listen, but I'm not going to take to heart any other suggestions as to a diagnosis, until it's for sure. Too many emotions. The ENT is going to do a same day surgery next week to see if he can better tell what is causing Carson's "deafness"... I'm excited to find out. If he's deaf, great.. we can help him and if he's not.. great.. we can help him start talking. I'm excited to hopefully one day find out what is "wrong", but I'm excited that he's been a 'baby' for so long! It's like having a ten month old baby for two years! :)

9 comments:

MrsPebs said...

You're right! He is the cutest, happiest 'baby' that I know. He is a cutie, for sure!!!

The Shepherds said...

He is such a cutie! I bet it would be a great relief to just be able to put a name to the problem. Then you could do your research on it, and feel more at peace!

Danielle Christiansen said...

He is so darling and it is fun to have small kids like you said, It makes them feel like your little ones forever. however I do prey you guys will have all your questions answered soon. he is lucky to have such wonderful parents!

Dave and Annamarie Nielson said...

He is very handsome! I am glad to hear that you are ok about it. you are making the best of the situation! And I know how you feel, you get a little baby for a little longer, so you can love them and squeeze them! We will pray for your little guy, that they can find out what is wrong and address it:)

Sara said...

What a sweetie! I bet it is nice to be able to enjoy that sweet fun stage a little longer than most! It goes by in such a flash!

Answers will be nice, and hopefully they will come with patience and time... until then, you are wise to hang in there and not worry toooo much over every little possibility... just wait until you know what you are really dealing with! We will send our thoughts and prayers your way!

What a darling little fam you have! :) Love your guts, girlie!

TerriLyn said...

Carson is such a cutie. Those pictures of him make me smile. He seems so happy. I'm excited to get to know him when we move to Provo in a few months! He is an angel. You're cute family is in our prayers. Answers will come just trust in the Lord...I already know you are though.

Kristi said...

We love watching your sweet family grow. Carson is growing, maybe it's slower than others, but he is and he's got a great family that loves him. That's all he needs. I am sure as a mom it can get hard, we want to fix things all the time. Be patient, things will come...I know I don't have to say this to you or Jed, but it's never answered in the time we want it. He will answer in His time. Hugs to you all!

Jesicca said...

He is the cutest little fart. Thanks for the picture and card. It was such a nice surprise... and it wasn't even a bill.

Time will tell. I am so proud of your for coming to the conclusion that you will love, cherish and not stress. Let the Dr.'s sweat it!

You are the best, and I miss hanging with you.
~Jay

Trevan, Megan and Kaleigh! said...

Hi Jessica! This is Megan Hatch. I came across your blog and thought I would say hi and let you know I think you have the cutest little family! Keep us updated on your lives and what you find out with your little boy! (My blog is http://hatchbatch00.blogspot.com)