Friday, May 30, 2008

Goblin Valley

This year, instead of our usual camping spot, we took a detour to Goblin Valley and I have to say that it was one of the best weekends of my life! It started a little rough when my niece, Allyssa, tipped her four-wheeler and broke her cute little arm. Mom, Britt, Kaia and I drove her to Green River in hopes of finding a clinic, of course there wasn't anything on a Saturday SO after treating for shock, Britt took Allyssa home to Provo where the dr. confirmed it was broken in two places. She is still in a splint and is having a same-day surgery tomorrow to set the bones. OUCH... Zack took a spill, cried and got back on... bikes used to scare me, but the kids are pretty good at riding and of course they have ALL the gear.. compliments of Gpa Bruce. One of my favorite parts was playing cards and eating oreos. Doesn't get better than that. I just love not having an agenda, nowhere to go, nothing to do, but relax! This picture was taken at the beginning of a 60 mile ride, compliments of Jonny and Kaia.. they were the trail guides and led us on a wild goose chase!

3 comments:

Lynley said...

Oh my gosh you guys are outdoorsy! Sorry about your niece!

TerriLyn said...

What a great family trip!! I love that. Poor Allyssa! I hope she feels better soon. You have the coolest fam. :-)

Kristi said...

Great picture! Those mountains make me want to move to Utah!