Monday, June 30, 2008

Hooray for Hearing Aids!



Well, here it is... the only source of hearing for Carson for the next four years. It's pretty amazing. It actually works. Gpa Jack says it should be able to launch someone into space for how much it cost! ha ha. You can't really see the box in this picture, but it attaches to the headband he's wearing and vibrates his skull, which in turn creates sound waves that go straight to the brain. No ears needed! Pretty awesome. He actually leaves it on his head, I think he has already made the connection that it helps him to hear, so he likes it. I think it gives him a headache, so we try to limit the amount of time he wears it. Now the only trick is teaching Zack not to play with it. If I lose this thing I will DIE!

9 comments:

Kristi said...

I love modern medicine! He looks so happy! YIPPPEEEE!

Hill said...

That is awesome, horray for you guys!

Sara said...

Sooo great! Maybe you should get one of those beepers that has a remote you can use to "page" it if it gets misplaced? (Like for your car keys?) With a toddler, it is bound to end up in some crazy random places once in a while! :)

Jaime Stephens said...

Yay! That is great I am so happy for the little guy! He is so cute and I can't believe he keeps that on that is so nice. I cannot believe your little brother is married are we really that old? You look fabulous!!

The Shepherds said...

He looks happy in that pic! That's all that counts is for our kiddos to be healthy and happy!

Danielle Christiansen said...

awesome!! I am so glad they found something that works. he is so cute! Guard that thing with your life!

TerriLyn said...

Carson does look so happy. What a sweet kid! He is one handsome kid. I just want to hug him!Congrats.

Andy or Laisa said...

That is so awesome - he seems to like it.

K & J Hammond said...

Holla for Hearing Aids! Way to go Carson!