Saturday, August 23, 2008

First Day of School

Zack had his first day of school a few days ago (I'm a little slow on the post) He was so excited; he packed his backpack about one hundred times and sharpened a pack of 120 pencils in one sitting! (now that's some serious dedication!) We took advantage of all the school supply sales and bought a bunch of 'on hand' supplies. So, the morning of... I walked him into the building all the while he was telling me, "Mom, ok, I know what I'm doing, you can leave now" I just laughed and told him that I wanted to come in to see his classroom and teacher. He kept insisting that I leave because he didn't want everyone "to see me". LOL. The kid is already embarrassed of his mom and he's only 5! I remember being so proud of my mom whenever she came to school or when I saw her at the book fair.. guess it's different with boys. Jed claims that he never wanted his mom to come around either. Anyway, I continued to walk him in, much to his dismay, and as soon as we got in he whispered, "Mom, where do I put my backpack?" I said, "I don't know, let's ask your teacher" He said, "Mom, be quiet, she can hear you.." He was so embarrassed that he didn't know what to do. Pride at such an early age. He then proceeded to lift his backpack off his shoulder, all the while proclaiming (in a loud voice) "Oh man, this is soooo heavy" I couldn't help it, I started laughing.. he was trying to impress everyone. Well, that's my experience with my first kid entering kindergarten.. no tears, just shear embarrassment on his part and complete enthusiasm on mine. I was so excited to see him go... ALL DAY!! Now it's just Carson and I at home for those 6 1/2 hours every day!




9 comments:

MrsPebs said...

That is hilarious! Zack is growing up too fast! It's awesome that he was embarrassed... silly boy doesn't know how cute his mom is ;)

The Shepherds said...

That's scary about Jed's dad! I hope it all goes o.k. Zack looks SO stinking much like Brody to me! That pic of him by the front door looks just like Brody as a kid, I swear! Your account of his first day is hilarious! You are one lucky mom getting that much one on one time with Carson.

Danielle Christiansen said...

He looked so handsome. I am totally scared of the day my girls do not want me around. Fortunately, they still love to see me at the school or in their class.Maybe my boy will be the same as Zack!

Kristi said...

I love first days of school. Today was Preston's first day of first grade and it was more emotional than Kindergarten...I mean more time at school than at home...that's sad! He was so pumped...I think I did all the worrying for him - he went on like he had done it before! Stinker!

Kristi said...

Preston's doing great in soccer. It's the best sport for him because he's so busy and soccer is TONS of running. He's a natural at stealing the ball, still needs to works on some technique...like the difference in dribbling and passing but he's loving it and is exhausted every practice night!

Cori said...

So I stumbled across your blog, how strange? I guess we are all connected in several ways. I visited the school today and Zack saw me and said a simple "Hi". No hug, nothing:)!!!

PollyB said...

I love that little man! He does remind me of Brody and Jonny but I think he looks like YOU. That one pic, with you both.....check out the smiles and the noses. Cute faces!! Excuse me I had something to do with that too. hee hee

The Walch Family said...

How exciting! Kindergarten! I hope he enjoys school. Often children can become disenchanted with school after a few years, but hopefully he'll always enjoy it. Kindergarten is almost always a great year, though. Good luck!

Morgan said...

Oh that's too funny. I'd be embarrassed too! ha ha. No way, one day zack will understand how cool his mom really is! What a little stud.