Friday, August 22, 2008

What's with everyone getting hurt??

It seems like there has been a lot of catastrophies lately... my father-in-law had a heart attack today (on one of the biggest catering days of the year, might I add). He admitted himself to the E.R. and didn't tell anyone except his 'driver' whom he swore to secrecy. He didn't want anyone to worry about him and he wanted the jobs to get done on time. In Jack's world, there is no time to waste. Needless to say, it was a long day of anticipation as the results unfolded; the cardiovascular surgeon said, "It's amazing that he's even alive". His heart arteries were 99% blocked and that's what was causing the heart attacks. After emergency surgery and a lot of stints later we are so relieved that he's ok. There is definitely someone up above who wants him to be here a while longer; and I know Jack will make the most of it.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

wow. i'm sorry to hear about your father in-law. there is definitely something in the air. Stephanie's story has consumed my thoughts all week. such an incredible situation.

John and Jodi said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Im so sorry to hear that. Give the family our love and we are soooo glad he is okay. Let us know is there is anything we can do to help!

Danielle Christiansen said...

How scary. I am so glad he is doing well now. I would kill Scott myself if he didn't tell me he was going in the hospital for something so serious!