Monday, September 8, 2008

Garage Scrubbing & Flag Twirling



Have I ever told you that Carson is OBSESSED with the American Flag? He can 'spot' a flag a mile away.. :) Seriously though, he points out every single flag while we are driving down the road; I think I can honestly say that I have seen every flag in the entire city. We have parked in Macey's parking lot numerous times to watch the flag and also in the hospital. The kid is obsessed. He has at least two in his hands at all times and cannot go without it. He sleeps with one (no rod attached) and wakes up wanting more. Grandma & Grandpa Marvell gave him a flag shirt that he absolutely loves. They call him "Flag Boy" or FB for short. I have no idea where the obsession came from; but it's alright with me.. I know there are some out there who are probably disgusted how he drags them around and probably think it's a disgrace to the flag, but for a little boy who is obsessed, I think it's ok :)



Zack loves to "squeegee".. in fact, tonight we were at a restaurant and in the middle of eating (clearly, we weren't ready to leave yet) he said, "I just want to go home so I can squeegee something. Can we leave yet?" He helped Jed clean the floors at the kitchen a few days ago and loved it. He's pretty OCD when it comes right down to it; he does a pretty good job... he gets all the water out. The garage floor was nasty.. melted otter pops that were thrown from the car window, broken toys, grass clippings, dirt, tire tracks.. you name it, it was there.. smashed all over the floor. Now it looks so much better :)






13 comments:

TerriLyn said...

Funny...I think I saw that big white van out in front of your place yesterday when we passed by. You have great boys. Sooo cute. I love Carson's flag fetish! It was so fun to see you yesterday!

PollyB said...

Hey, maybe I can make Carz a flag costume for Halloween. Hiliarious! I'll hire Zack to come clean my garage floor anyday!
Love those boys!!

JACK!E said...

Obsessed with flags? How cute!

Brittanie said...

Hey, there's a flag he left in my car. I've been saving it for a rainy day. =)

Jaime Stephens said...

They are funny boys, I love that Carson loves flags that is so cute!

Morgan said...

the american flag? so cute. i think it's okay too...
Zack can come squeegee my garage any day! your boys are a hoot.

Danielle Christiansen said...

thanks for all your kind remarks.
Those pictures with the flags are darling. Maybe he should run for President.We need a good patriot in the office.

The Walch Family said...

Those boys are cute. I don't think anyone could look at Carson and his flags and think it's unpatriotic. (Not with his intense love of them.)

PollyB said...

Jess, I think you should take that photo of Carson and the flag - and have it done in a 16x20 for his room!

Kristi said...

Maybe he'll be the future President...as far as I am concerened he could out do both of the current candidates! That's adorable!

Jesicca said...

That is so precious that Carson is obsessed with the American Flag. When Kade was a little guy he would count all that we would see while driving. It was great for passing the time and with counting skills. I agree with your mom... you need to blow it up/frame it/hang it in his room.
Love your guts!

grinNberrett said...

I think that I would put an immediate stop stop to the nickname "flag boy".
It doesn't have a good sound to it if you can't pronounce your "l's".

Send the Zack Attack over to my house. I have some windows that he could squeegee.

German Zollinger said...

Aww, Zack looks really cute while cleaning your garage! Garage floors are prone to stains that are tough to clean. But you can always use power washing to clean them to prevent buildups of stains. It's like hitting two birds with one stone.

German Zollinger @ Total Clean Equip