Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Dove Hunting

Traditions, traditions as G-pa Fife would say...
Grandpa Bruce and Uncle Brody took Zack dove hunting yesterday at 4 AM. Needless to say, Zack was jumping out of his boots excited! They went South somewhere and didn't come home until 9PM. As soon as they got back to Gpa's house Zack and Brody started cleaning the birds . Zack proceeded to tell me all about the day, how he shot a bird directly between the eyes and blew his head off. He also told me that there were bears trying to get the doves, but he was so fast with his gun that he shot them first. All pretty amazing stories huh? The kid has an imagination as well as a pure love of the outdoors... especially hunting with Gpa. And at home...... we went to a movie and Carrabba's for lunch/dinner. Fried zucchini, chicken marsala fifteen loaves of bread (seemed like it anyway) and a John Cole dessert... oh, it was the best meal of my life. Sorry Marvellous Catering.. :)



9 comments:

Kristi said...

Preston would have loved that too! I lvoe how your grandpa throws Zach right in like he's one of the big guys! Where's Jed's dove? LOL!

The Walch Family said...

So, do they eat the doves? I'm not a big hunter myself, but I've known some serious hunters and I've never heard of dove hunting.

The Shepherds said...

Zach is smart and cute! Ryan just barely got back from dove hunting about 1 hour ago. I don't know what the fascination is but boys will be boys.

Cori said...

Wow, Zack chased off the bears! That is the Zack I know, yet I'm surprised he only shot one dove.

PollyB said...

I knew you'd post soon, I love getting on and reading about the crazy times. Life is Good. You should have taken a picture of Carson in the movie and posted it too!!

Morgan said...

Wow. So descriptive. ha ha.

Danielle Christiansen said...

How fun! Scott cannot wait till his boy is old enough to do these kind of activities.

Jesicca said...

Pretty amazing that he was able to shoot the birds before the bears could get them. Must be an amazing sharp shooter!

Jonny & Kaia said...

Dude! I just barely learned how to frickin check the comments people leave on my blog.. haha. I went back and read all the ones you guys left. I'm a dork with this site. But I'll try harder from now on. So "take it easy"!