Friday, October 31, 2008

Baby

So, here is a little more information on the "baby issue": To make a really long story short, Doctors said my body was mimicking menopause and if I wanted to have more kids I would have to start fertility pills. He didn't know the chances of me getting pregnant even on fertility; he said, "We'll see". He asked if I wanted more kids right now, I said no. So, I continued to have problems and I went in for an ultrasound to see if I had any reprocussions from my last miscarriage. It went something like this, (Ultrastenographer) "The heart rate looks great, good and fast" (Jed) "What heart rate? Jess's"? (Ultrastenographer) "No the baby's heart rate" (Jess) "What Baby? There's still parts of a baby in there!?" (Ultrastenographer) "No (thinking we are totally weird at this point) There is a REAL baby in there, alive". (Jess) "How the heck did that get in there"?? Needless to say our conversation went on and it got funnier. I left sorta comatosed and so did Jed. We are going to have another baby. Crap. Not ready for that one; but I guess I will never be really ready. Mom pointed out that I have been saying for a while that I could probably get pregnant again when I knew what was wrong with Carson. The funny thing is that two days before the ultrasound was when we found out that Carson was probably going to go undiagnosed and the tests would cease from here on out. It was a huge relief to me, traveling to Primary Children's and back was a strain. I felt bad that he had to be poked and proded all the time. (Therapies are all I can handle right now) Another weird thing is that all during the two weeks prior to the ultrasound, I had had almost 16 viles of blood drawn on 4 different occasions to see what was up with my body and why it was doing the things it was.... NO PREGNANCY REPORTED. Guess they weren't looking for it. Fooled us all. Is there someone upstairs that has a plan for us? I'd say so! :) Oh yea, one more thing... I was on birth control during all of this too.

6 comments:

Morgan said...

wow. i can't imagine hearing that news!
congratulations, you are an awesome mama. i hope life settles down a bit for you and that you have a chance to enjoy being pregnant!

Jesicca said...

Holy crAzY cow batman! You are an amazing momma and I am so dang excited for you!

MrsPebs said...

hahaha, that is a really funny story--to me. How freaky. Baby 3 was ready and determined to come. ;) You still haven't said when you're due!!!!

Danielle Christiansen said...

well, i am excited for you.

Jessica said...

Sorry, I keep forgetting the due date... it's actually Zack's birthday.. May 25th... BUT I always insist on being induced one week early :)

TerriLyn said...

Congrats Jess!!! What a surprise. It was totally meant to be! Maybe it'll be a little Jessica Lyn running around!