Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Deer Hunt

I have to make a conscious effort to remind myself to update my blog periodically; pathetic, I know. Here is a picture of Zack's very first deer hunt. Grandpa Bruce leased some private land so far North it was almost on the Idaho border. It was so fun. Just Zack and I went from our little family. Dave, Brayden, Brody, Kaylyn & Jonny were there too. We got royal treatment (Zack and I) and got to sleep in the queen size bed in the camper. Needless to say, we woke up early, hiked the mountain and watched for deer. The weather was perfect, there were times I caught myself just sitting in a camp chair, reading a book and basking in the sun. Jed didn't understand why I would want to go deer hunting pregnant; I don't know what it is, but there is nothing more relaxing to me than being outdoors and camping... love it.

9 comments:

PollyB said...

Cute picture Jess. Hey why don't you blog about how you almost killed a guy at Target on black Friday. LOL

Morgan said...

you look hot with a gun.
i'm not sure what it says about you though with your son laughing in the background. ha ha.
i kid i kid.

Morgan said...

wait... you almost killed a man?

Danielle Christiansen said...

So did you get anything?

Chris said...

Wow did you get a deer? That is somthing Zack will remember his hole life. What a great experience. Just the two of you. Good to see you on Thanksgiving see you soon hopefull. Love ya Chris

Jaime Stephens said...

Your awesome!

Hill said...

I dont know if I've just missed something or what, but your hair looks really cute in your family pictures. Love the color. I went private with my blog so will you send and email to hillyhall@gmail.com so I can add you?

Lynley said...

Hey! Wouldn't that be nice if I still had people's email addresses? Well I'm not that smart! Just kidding-I actually did keep the list from last time but I lost it! I need your email-thank you!

Kristi said...

You look gorgeous even hunting! Can't stand it! Anyway, I feel stupid just learnign that you guys are expecting! That's exciting! I had to scroll down a few more blogs entries to get the full scoop! Sometimes the surprise is s blessing and I've learned there is no perfect time or never enough money to prepare for a baby - but sometimes having faith in the Lord is all it takes and it works out in the end! I hope it's a girl...you need a gal pal!